These terms govern your use of lowyinstitute.org (Site) and by using the Site, you are agreeing to be bound by them. The Site is owned and operated by the Lowy Institute for International Policy (ABN 40 102 792 174) (Lowy Institute).
The Lowy Institute may vary these terms from time to time, so you should check them regularly. If any provision of these terms is held void, unenforceable or illegal, that provision will be severed, and the remaining provisions will have full force and effect.
We use reasonable care and skill to ensure the accuracy of the information provided on the site. However, it is your responsibility to assess and verify the accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability of the information on this Site, and to seek professional advice where necessary.
If you are a consumer for the purposes of the Australian Consumer Law (Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)), certain guarantees may be conferred on you and certain rights and remedies may be conferred on you which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. If so, then to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Lowy Institute’s liability to you for breach of any such guarantee is limited (at the Lowy Institute’s option) to the re-supply of the services or payment of the cost of re-supplying the services.
Subject to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law and to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Lowy Institute:
- does not warrant or guarantee that the site will be completely accurate or continuous at all times. The site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. The information contained on the site is general and may not be suitable for your particular needs;
- does not accept any responsibility to maintain the material and services made available on this Site or to supply any corrections, updates, or releases in connection with the Site. Any material on the Site is subject to change without notice;
- excludes all other terms, conditions, guarantees and warranties, whether express or implied, by statute, trade or otherwise;
- excludes all liability to you for loss or damage of any kind (however caused, including by negligence) arising from or relating in any way to the materials on this Site and/or your use of this Site and, without limitation, the Lowy Institute is not responsible or liable for:
-loss that was not reasonably foreseeable or caused by the Lowy Institute’s breach of these terms or by the Lowy Institute’s negligence;
-business losses (for example, lost data, lost profits or business interruptions) or loss suffered by non-consumers;
-losses caused by factors which could reasonably be considered to be outside the Lowy Institute’s control; and
-any loss caused, or contributed to, by your breach of these terms or your negligence.
Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise indicated, all copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in the Site (including all information, data, text, graphics, images, website design, trade marks and logos displayed on the Site) are owned by the Lowy Institute, its related entities or its third party licensors.
You may download and view content or print a copy of material on this Site for personal, non-commercial use provided you do not modify the content in any way (including any copyright notice).
You must not, without our express written permission or as otherwise permitted by applicable copyright legislation:
- otherwise copy, use, reproduce, adapt, store in a retrieval system, transmit, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of the content or design of this Site;
- use any trade marks displayed on the Site without the express written permission of the relevant owner;
- cause any of the content of the Site to be framed or embedded in another website; or
- commercialise any information, products or services on this Site.
If permission to reproduce any part of this Site is given, you must acknowledge the Lowy Institute as the source.
In addition to the other terms set out above, the following terms apply to the sale and purchase of tickets to Lowy Institute events and attendance at those events, whether the tickets were purchased via this Site or by any other means:
- No refunds or exchanges on any ticket are available except as required by law and as permitted by the Lowy Institute in its sole discretion. If a refund is made, the Lowy Institute may, to the extent permitted by law, retain any fee it has charged.
- The right is reserved to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute speakers or event participants and / or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
- The right of admission is reserved and is subject to the Lowy Institute’s sole discretion. Late arrival may result in non-admittance until a suitable break in the event.
- Cameras, audio and video recorders may not be permitted. The right is reserved to broadcast or telecast any event.
- It may be a condition of entry to individual events that a search of person and / or their possessions will be required at the time of the entry to the venue.
- Tickets may not be transferred without the prior written consent of the Lowy Institute. If a ticket is transferred or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
- GST will apply to all goods and services supplied through this Site. Prices in this Site include GST where applicable.
- Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided for collection of tickets and at the venue.
Any material you submit to the Lowy Institute will be governed by our Content Supply Terms.
Information on this Site may include links to the websites of others outside our network. These links are provided for your convenience only. The inclusion of any link to other websites does not imply endorsement by the Lowy Institute of third party companies, individuals, products, information, or opinions. The Lowy Institute does not warrant that information on any third party websites is free from computer viruses or any defects, errors or infringements of intellectual property rights, nor does the Lowy Institute authorise any such infringement by providing these links. We recommend you read the legal and privacy notices of any other websites that you visit.
If this Site contains third party advertisements which contain embedded links to other sites where goods or services are advertised, the placement of such advertisements on this Site does not constitute the recommendation or endorsement by us or any goods or services advertised by the third party. The third party advertiser is solely responsible to you for any representations or offers made by it, and for any goods or services which you agree to purchase or acquire from those third parties.
The Lowy Institute disclaims liability for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from your use of links to third party websites.
If you access this Site in a jurisdiction other than New South Wales, Australia, you are responsible for compliance with the laws of that jurisdiction.