- The ABC’s latest episode of Foreign Correspondent covers the work of GiveDirectly’s basic income trial in Kenya – written story here.
- United Nations Seretary-General António Guterres has outlined his plan to reposition the UN development system to better help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
- The Washington Post details the fascinating and lucrative relationship between North Korea and Africa.
- As Kenyans prepare to vote next month in general elections, BuzzFeed discusses the struggles female candidates, who currently make up 20% of parliament, face in contesting.
- Duncan Green sums up the feedback he received after last week arguing that academics were still failing to translate their research into impact.
- Also on Duncan Green’s blog, the new Chair of the OECD Development Assistance Committee, Charlotte Petri Gornitzka, discusses how the aid system needs to change.
- The latest edition of Development Policy Review brings together new research that has gathered recipient country perspectives on international development. Some of the authors provide a summary for Devpolicy.
Aid and development links: Kenyan elections, the SDGs, aid systems and more
A basic income trial in Kenya, the fascinating and lucrative relationship between North Korea and Africa, how the aid system needs to change and more.