- Stephan Dercon, Professor of Economic Policy at the University of Oxford, gives a great summary of the 'Big Ideals, Big Egos and Big Thinkers in development'.
- According to Victoire Girard, the terrible reputation of artisanal mining is not justified (in Burkina Faso, at least). Her paper shows positive effects of artisanal mining activity in the country.
- Sara Pantuliano argues that private sector involvement could offer a complementary solution to foreign aid by both providing funds and through innovative programing.
- In their second part of their 'Graph of the week' series, the Center for Global Development uses the agricultural productivity gap to explain why farmers are not moving to urban areas.
- In the Guardian, Mark Townsend reports on the hard reality of US President Donald Trump's decision to deport illegal immigrant back to their sometimes dangerous and deadly home.
- The World Bank is launching a competition to find the best techniques to predict poverty. If you know about data science and development issues, you should sign up!
Aid and development links: Artisanal mining, big egos, predicting poverty and more
Updates on issues across the aid and development field.