- The Centre for Global Development blog provides five takeaways about the Trump Administration's development priorities following recent hearings with Rex Tillerson and Mark Green.
- The World Bank’s David Evans shares his approach to teaching economic development to middle schoolers in 20 minutes.
- Lant Pritchett provides a two-part series looking at the effect mass migration from Cuba to Miami has had on wages.
- Joanna Spratt has rounded out her three-part series of blogs looking at how policy change happens in the New Zealand aid program.
- Jack Corbett’s recent book on the history of Australian foreign aid (which he discusses in this post) is available free to view for the next 60 days.
- The ongoing war in Yemen is creating a humanitarian crisis for more than 17 million people.
- A comprehensive evaluation of the ‘One Laptop per Child’ project in rural Peru found that it had no effect on test scores in maths and language, proving that technology without evidence-based policy is not the answer for development challenges.
- And finally, a tongue-in-cheek post wondering what Apple might look like if it had to run like a non-profit.
Photo by Flickr user Knight Foundation.