By the Lowy Institute's Melanesia Program Director, Jenny Hayward-Jones and Research Associate Philippa Brant
- Stephen Spratt from the Institute of Development Studies analyses the growing popularity of development banks.
- How does the US restore its leadership in multilateral institutions? A new paper from the Centre for Global Development suggests some policy recommendations for development.
- Are you on Team Bumblebee or Team Chimera? Benjamin Day examines the debate around the UN's proposed Sustainable Development Goals.
- At the Lowy Institute on 11 June, Foreign Minister Julie Bishop said she wanted DFAT to produce more comprehensive reporting of Australian assistance to developing countries. Can DFAT match the high standards their US counterparts have set with its new website? Camilla Burkot also takes a look at it.
- What do African leaders earn and why does it matter?
- Christ Blattman, a professor at Columbia University, writes on the 'worm wars' (yes, this is a story about parasites).
- The world's first malaria vaccine has been approved by European regulators.
- The Guardian on artist Benjamin Dix, who uses graphic comic strips to highlight human rights abuses and issues.