By Chloe Hickey-Jones, an intern in the Institute's Melanesia Program
- As the World Humanitarian Summit kicks off today in Istanbul, check out ODI’s latest report on humanitarian assistance, ‘Time to Let Go: A three-point proposal to change the humanitarian system’.
- Christina Bennett reflects on three tests that will measure the World Humanitarian Summit’s success.
- A report to be released at the Summit will show half of schools in Syria, Palestinian territories, Lebanon and Jordan have been closed or damaged due to conflict.
- On Devpolicy Darren Brunk, the Council for International Development's humanitarian coordinator in New Zealand, discusses why he will attend the Summit, even though Medecins Sans Frontieres will not.
- The Centre for International Media Assistance has examined the function of media communication initiatives in humanitarian efforts.
- Why is Kenya trying to close the world’s largest refugee camp? This Buzzfeed report sheds some light.
- The World Bank has launched its Pandemic Emergency Financing Facility (PEF), the first insurance market for pandemic risk to help protect economies. Read about its aims and objectives here.
- Discover the #AllMalePanels in Global Development phenomenon at the goats and soda blog at NPR.
- Listen to this podcast about why 65 million children across the globe cannot access adequate education.