- China's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad water problem.
- World Cup slaves: the appalling abuse of South Asian migrant workers in Qatar made headlines last week.
- Is the UN's moral authority failing, and what is its moral voice worth?
- How diverse is the IMF?
- USAID Administrator Raj Shah seeks corporate partnerships; might interest the new Australian foreign minister, who is committed to greater business involvement in achieving Australian aid objectives.
As promised last week, some links analysing the newly announced DFAT-AusAID merger:
- Robin Davies from the ANU’s Development Policy Centre has seven useful reflections on AusAID-DFAT integration, as do New Zealanders Terence Wood and Joanna Stamp.
- Important reading material for those involved in the integration process: the OECD’s 2009 assessment on how DAC member countries manage aid. (H/t Robin Davies.)
- Lessons for Australia on aid integration: ‘What Canada can learn from other bilateral aid mergers'.