Marty Harris is an Assistant Digital Editor at the Lowy Institute. Part 1 in this series here.
- The New Zealand Herald's Canberra correspondent claims that the environment could be the sleeper issue in this election.
- How will uranium impact on post-election Australia-India relations? Geoff Hiscock looks at the issue for CNN.
- Google has launched an Australia Votes YouTube channel, showcasing and indexing all their federal election related content.
- The Wall Street Journal quotes JP Morgan analyst Lydon Fagan on what a Coalition Government would mean for mining in Australia.
- The Wall Street Journal is also running a helpful Australia Votes interactive, giving overseas readers a short guide to the major policy issues.
- The Washington Post labels former One Nation candidate Stephanie Banister the 'world's least effective anti-Islam political candidate'.
- As part of its election coverage, the BBC is running an article on refugee contributions to the Australian economy.
- According to the UK's Daily Telegraph, Opposition Leader Tony Abbott's secret weapon is his two Australia-based daughters.