Marty Harris is an Assistant Digital Editor at the Lowy Institute.
- Australian comedian Adam Hills cast his pre-poll vote in London recently. He laments that the UK's coverage of the election focuses on little besides gaffes and scandals.
- The BBC on the pros and cons of compulsory voting.
- Ha'aretz states that there is 'near consensus in favor of Tony Abbott' among Australia's Jewish community leaders.
- The Hindustan Times profiles Jagjit Singh 'Jag' Chugha, a Punjabi-origin Liberal candidate for the seat of Scullin. That particular electorate is one of Labor's safest.
- The Australian political commentators' obsession with Western Sydney continues to permeate overseas reporting. The Economist's Banyan blog looks at Parramatta and Cabramatta and CNBC focuses on the electorate of Lindsay.
- CNN asks whether Tony Abbott's paid parental leave scheme has ended accusations of sexism.
- The Wall Street Journal considers Prime Minister Rudd's 'selfie strategy', and the impact of the election on the Australian dollar.
- Finally, the BBC is running an article by Lowy Institute Executive Director Michael Fullilove on the foreign policy challenges awaiting the the post-election government.
- UPDATE (13.35): The Economist cautiously endorses Kevin Rudd.