With our usual Friday India links feature on temporary hiatus, herewith some general-interest international policy reading from around the web.
- Here is a transcript and below is White House video of Prime Minister Abbott's joint media appearance (there was no press conference) with President Obama, and here's a joint statement.
- Media coverage suggests it was a pretty ho hum meeting. But was it? Analysis on The Interpreter soon.
- There's also footage and a transcript of Abbott with Secretary of State John Kerry.
- While in Washington, Abbott announced a twelve-month extension to Ambassador Kim Beazley's appointment.
- There was a political earthquake in Washington yesterday, with senior Republican Eric Cantor losing his primary to a Tea Party candidate. Here's why it matters.
- Michael Fullilove's Foreign Policy op-ed on the surprising Lowy poll results on spying.
- Deeply pessimistic account of China's economic future.
- How much is the world's ecosystem worth?
- The growth of soccer in the US will erode American exceptionalism.