Danielle Rajendram is a Research Associate in the Lowy Institute's International Security Program.
- Times of India reports a cautious Chinese reaction to PM Manmohan Singh's Japan visit.
- Gurcharan Das argues that the 2013 election in India will come down to a choice between governance and tolerance.
- Why hasn’t the spot-fixing scandal in the Indian Premier League received the same level of public response as other large-scale instances of corruption?
- Diya Nag looks at the prospects for greater regional trade in South Asia.
- Why letting India's powerful business houses own banks is a bad idea.
- Japan's substantial presence in north-west India.
- Ramachandra Guha on the factors motivating Maoist violence in India.
- Gains in higher education for women and declining fertility rates are not translating into greater female workforce participation in India. Why?
- C Raja Mohan looks at the Sino-Pakistan alliance following Premier Li Keqiang's visit to Pakistan last week.