Danielle Rajendram is a Research Associate in the Lowy Institute's International Security Program whose work focuses on India and China-India relations.
- Six reasons for India to look east. (Thanks Alex.)
- Why India has doubts about Chuck Hagel's appointment as US Secretary of Defense.
- Ramesh Thakur on how Australia and India can move beyond the Commonwealth, cricket and curry to build a substantial partnership.
- A damning assessment of India's Civil Service Examination, and the impact it may have on government.
- Sunil Khilnani on why philanthro-capitalism is not yet cool in India.
- Some recommended reading (and watching) on foreign policy and security for Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi.
- Krishnan Srinivasan on the tension between the centre and the states in Indian foreign policy.
- Despite progressive child labour and mandatory education laws, Indian children continue to skip school in order to work.
- Mohsin Hamid argues that Pakistan should normalise relations with India in order to 'help starve Pakistani militancy of oxygen'.