- Is the Modi honeymoon over? Victor Mallet thinks Modi won’t fulfil the hopes of his supporters nor fears of his detractors, Livemint asks why Modi has shied away from bold reforms and Ellen Barry argues that voters tended to see in Modi what they wanted to see.
- With a third of the world’s malnourished children living in India, what’s behind India’s food security crisis?
- On a similar note, Paromita Pain reflects on the lessons learned from India's midday meal scheme.
- Indrani Bagchi reports that the Australia-India civil nuclear deal is likely to be finalised during Prime Minister Abbott’s upcoming trip to India.
- These four charts demonstrate why India must change its spending priorities.
- Siddharth Sivaraman and Rajeswari Pillai Rajagopalan make the case for diversifying India’s arms imports.
- C Raja Mohan argues that India should partner with China on the New Silk Road initiative.
- On Modi’s silence on communal episodes, Prem Trivedi writes:
He promised during his victory speech in May to be the sort of Prime Minister who would “take everyone along.” To do that, he must articulate a more inclusive nationalism that re-brands the BJP as a party that celebrates India’s Hindu tradition while recognizing the country’s richly plural identity.