This is my last week at the Lowy Institute, and this will be my final India Links. Thank you to all the readers who have followed this series, and everyone who has tweeted or emailed suggestions over the years.
- Tanvi Madan argues that external policy is an inextricable and indispensable part of India's national strategy.
- Will Hindu nationalism undermine the Modi Government's economic project?
- Can India repeat China's ascent? It'll all depend on India's ability to increase savings and boost manufacturing.
- Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu are overtaking Gujarat economically.
- Obama will be visiting India as chief guest for Monday's Republic Day parade. What's at stake?
- Following on from last week's links, Ian Hall looks at whether a Modi doctrine is emerging in Indian foreign policy.
- How the Kargil crisis changed India's relations with Israel.
- Some cultural diplomacy from the Australia-India Film Fund: UnIndian, a cross-cultural romantic comedy starring Brett Lee. Check out the teaser below: