Danielle Rajendram is a Research Associate in the Lowy Institute's International Security Program whose work focuses on India and China-India relations.
- The Australia India Institute released its Taskforce on Indian Ocean security report this week (PDF).
- How can India improve its education outcomes? Karthik Muralidharan has some suggestions.
- Rory Medcalf looks at new research from David Brewster and Ranjit Rai on India's aborted military intervention in Mauritius, and what this may mean for the future of Indian assertiveness in the Indian Ocean.
- Does India really grow at night while the government sleeps?
- Why India is finally complying with sanctions on Iran.
- C Raja Mohan looks at the future of India-Egypt defence cooperation.
- How will the recent attacks against female travelers affect Indian tourism? DFAT has updated their travel advice for India, advising women to excercise caution due to the risk of harassment and assault.
- India's Human Development Index ranking has fallen two places since 2011 to 136 out of 186 countries, and inequality is on the rise.
- On the Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill, Shekhar Gupta argues that 'civilised, mature democracies demand, and deserve, better governance. They do not enact bad laws in a hurry. It is easy to enact them, but it takes generations to rectify them.'