Danielle Rajendram is a Research Associate in the Lowy Institute's International Security Program whose work focuses on India and China-India relations.
- National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon's remarks at the launch of C Raja Mohan's Samudra Manthan: Sino-Indian Rivalry in the Indo-Pacific. He raises some relevant challenges to thinking of the Indian and Pacific Oceans as one strategic system.
- Where is India's feminist movement headed?
- My own take on the challenges and opportunities presented by the growing youth sector of India's population.
- Milan Vaishnav looks at Indian federalism and whether a more competitive spirit among the states will lead to a more robust democracy and better economic and social outcomes.
- Pratap Bhanu Mehta argues that India's lack of policy direction in South Asia is undermining its capacity to lead the region.
- India has its own plans for a National Broadband Network.
- Why the US rebalancing strategy must extend to South Asia to be successful.
- India's recent federal budget included funding for a women-only bank. Is it just a gimmick or is it a mistake to dismiss the measure as political posturing?
- Why it's futile to compare China and India's 'race' towards development.