Danielle Rajendram is a Lowy Institute research associate. Her work focuses on Indian foreign and domestic policy, India-China relations and Asian security.
- On Tuesday, five Indian soldiers were killed along the border in Kashmir by a group of Pakistani militants. Why nationalistic clamour mustn't be allowed to impede dialogue between India and Pakistan and how the crisis has been mismanaged domestically.
- A beautifully written essay on the unique diversity of Mumbai, and what it means to be an original resident of India's most populous city.
- Will India's growing missile defence capabilities actually make it more secure?
- What Vice President Biden's visit to India revealed about the weaknesses in US-India relations.
- Given India's unique cultural, historical and natural assets, why is its tourism industry lagging?
- Barkha Dutt argues that despite India's growing youth, 'there has been no generational shift of ideas and no new language for how power is articulated in the system.'
- How a Bollywood actress is working to change social perceptions of dark skin in India.
- An episode of The Last Word, hosted by Karan Thapar, on the state of India-Pakistan relations. (Ed note: updated; we previously embedded an unrelated video clip.)