- US Secretary of State John Kerry visited India last week, meeting Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the first time since his election. He penned this op-ed in The Economic Times with Penny Pritzker, the US Secretary of Commerce.
- Shashank Joshi looks at the contributions of India and other colonies to the First World War.
- Is India getting close to ending extreme poverty?
- James Crabtree reviews Getting India Back on Track: An Action Agenda for Reform, and asks whether Modi will follow the authors' advice.
- David Brewster argues that this year's Malabar exercise points to deepening relations between India and Japan.
- Why are China and India both jostling for influence in tiny Bhutan?
- The New York Times reports on the young men who are leaving India to join ISIS.
- This beautiful National Geographic feature follows the Ganges from its mountain source to the sea.
- Sadanand Dhume on India's position at the WTO this week:
If Narendra Modi deliberately set out to destroy global goodwill for his government among trade negotiators and free-trade supporters, he could scarcely have been more effective.