Danielle Rajendram is a Lowy Institute research associate. Her work focuses on Indian foreign and domestic policy, India-China relations and Asian security.
- BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi addressed what is being touted as the world’s biggest political rally in Bhopal this week. How this has changed his political trajectory.
- Former foreign secretary Shyam Saran on the dialogue-disruption-dialogue pattern in India-Pakistan relations.
- What are the strategic consequences of India’s flagging economy?
- Rory Medcalf takes stock of US-India relations ahead of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s visit to Washington this week.
- Shashi Tharoor defends India’s embrace of the welfare state.
- Is the BRICS golden age over? (paywalled, but Google the headline to get around it.)
- PB Mehta on General VK Singh’s allegations about the military-government relationship in Jammu and Kashmir: 'In one stroke, the disclosures and V.K. Singh's response have destroyed the credibility of the democratic process in Kashmir'.
- This satirical ad against victim-blaming for sexual assault has gone viral in India: