Danielle Rajendram is a Lowy Institute research associate. Her work focuses on Indian foreign and domestic policy, India-China relations and Asian security.
- Rahul Gandhi’s public criticism of a UPA-proposed ordinance generated a lot of media buzz in India. My picks for the best pieces: Pratap Bhanu Mehta, Rajdeep Sardesai and Vidya Subrahmaniam.
- Ahead of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s visit to China later this month, an excellent piece by Tanvi Madan on the state of China-India relations is well worth your time.
- What impact will corruption have on the 2014 election?
- The Caravan profiles Raghuram Rajan, the new Governor of the Reserve Bank of India.
- Milan Vaishnav looks at how the public debate around Modi's candidacy can strengthen India's democracy.
- The American Enterprise Institute looks at the impact of poor economic policy on US-India relations and India's rise. You can read the full report here (PDF).
- Why India’s bureaucrats never really retire.
- C Raja Mohan, who spoke on middle-power coalitions in the Indo-Pacific this week at the Lowy Institute, on relations between India and Indonesia.