Danielle Rajendram is a Lowy Institute research associate. Her work focuses on Indian foreign and domestic policy, India-China relations and Asian security.
- McKinsey has just released an edited book entitled Reimagining India: Unlocking the Potential of Asia’s Next Superpower. An excerpt from Fareed Zakaria’s chapter on India’s diversity is available online.
- Why the Indian navy’s rising profile and blue water naval capability is something to keep an eye on.
- Two pieces from C Raja Mohan this week: on whether the United Progressive Alliance's commitment to strategic autonomy has limited its foreign policy options, and how New Delhi can deepen its strategic partnership with Hanoi.
- David Brewster on the opportunities and challenges for Australia-India security cooperation.
- Can the Delhi Police fix its lacklustre record on gender crimes?
- The New Yorker writes on India’s farewell to Sachin Tendulkar, who retired from test cricket last week.
- Soutik Biswas reviews Katiyabaaz (Powerless), a new documentary on electricity theft in India. Here's the trailer: