- Another Syrian refugee originally aiming for Australia has been voluntarily resettled in Cambodia. Writing for the Asian Correspondent, Max Walden unpacks Cambodia’s protection framework.
- Kate Hodal discusses the alarming measures taken to silence migrant worker abuse claims in Thailand’s poultry export industry.
- The Kaldor Centre’s Jane McAdam lists seven reasons why the UN Refugee Convention should not include climate refugees.
- Geoff Gilbert and Anna Magdalena Rüsch have authored a Kaldor Centre policy brief detailing the legal and practical considerations essential to the creation of ‘safe zones’ for refugees and asylum seekers.
- Writing for Broadly, Louis Staples examines the experiences of LGBTI asylum seekers in immigration detention.
- Read Migration Policy Institute’s spotlight analysis of refugee and asylum resettlement policy under the Trump administration.
- Writing for Brookings Institute, Diana Quintero and Michael Hansen consider the inadequacy of current teacher training programs in responding to the growing populations of English Learners in US schools, a result of two decades of mass immigration.
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Iraq and Georgetown University has published a report outlining durable policy solutions to internal displacement in Iraq.
- Click here for a Migration Compact reading list compiled by the IOM’s Research Leaders Syndicate.
Migration and border policy links: Safe zones, Thailand’s workers, settling for Cambodia and more
This week's links also include Kaldor Centre analysis, and a look at Cambodia's protection framework.