By Daniel Thambar, an intern with the Lowy Institute’s Migration and Border Policy Project.
- The International Organisation for Migration (IOM) launched a project to support 300 Syrian refugees setting up small businesses in Turkey.
- Human Rights Watch analyses the impact of the EU-Turkey deal on asylum seekers in the Greek islands.
- Writing for the Migration Policy Institute (MPI), Sarah Pierce analyses President Trump’s revised executive order on immigration.
- MPI has published a joint report with the Asian Development Bank, which outlines the barriers to the free movement of professionals within the ASEAN region, and suggests strategies to overcome these hurdles.
- Writing for Border Criminologies, Celia Rooney summarises some of the key legal and policy issues around unaccompanied minors in Europe.
- University of Freiburg’s Elias Steinhilper and University of Oxford’s Rob Gruijters analyse 16 years of data on border deaths in the Mediterranean.
- In this Brookings Institution blog post, Sarah Dryden-Peterson, Negin Dahya and Dacia Douhaibi discuss how teachers are using mobile phones as education tools in refugee camps.
- Writing for the World Economic Forum, Kai Chan outlines the socio-demographic characteristics of Europe’s refugees and highlights some of the challenges of integration.
- MPI has published a report looking at how best to support positive integration outcomes for refugees.