Matthew Hill is a doctoral student at Cornell University's Department of Government.
- In 2013, more British citizens have died due to terrorism than in the previous seven years combined.
- Is the US getting enough strategic bang for its naval buck?
- Italy is sending a fleet on a unique mission: a training, diplomatic and sales tour, paid for by private industry.
- David Axe reports that Russia is contemplating phasing out expensive nuclear submarines in favour of cheaper diesel-electric alternatives.
- With around five thousand different accounting systems, the Pentagon has become a US$565.8 billion behemoth that is incapable of monitoring its own spending.
- Iran wants to show that it can keep pace with regional military technological changes. The latest example is a large 'strategic' UAV.
- A philosopher-general? The New York Times profiles Israeli Brigadier General Herzl Halevi.
- Indonesia is bulking up its ground forces: Jakarta is expecting delivery for 103 German Leopard 2 tanks and other vehicles in the next few years.
- Lockheed Martin has invested in high production values as it seeks to promote the Long Range Anti-Ship Missile.