- The UNDP is supporting 25 women with training in campaigning and networking ahead of the Autonomous Bougainville Government elections.
- DFAT's new innovationXchange project includes the SEED Pacific initiative, which aims to assist small social enterprises by brokering partnerships for them with global businesses.
- Most Pacific countries can expect positive growth this year according to the ADB’s flagship economic publication, the Asian Development Outlook 2015. However, countries hit by Cyclone Pam will suffer economic setbacks from the disaster.
- This interactive map shows epidemic and emerging disease alerts throughout the Pacific.
- Foreign Minister Julie Bishop is launching the New Colombo Plan in Kiribati, Cook Islands and Tonga. Forty-six Australian students are set to travel to these countries through the scheme.
- The Secretariat of the Pacific Community is conducting a regional consultation to develop a strategy that makes better use of one of the Pacific's best natural resources — coconuts.
- Drones are being used to assess the damage from Cyclone Pam in Vanuatu.
- Fiji beat New Zealand to win the Hong Kong Rugby Sevens on the weekend. This is the fifteenth time Fiji has won the Hong Kong Sevens, more than any other country.
Pacific Island links: Bougainville elections, SEED Pacific, Fiji wins Rugby Sevens and more
Published 1 Apr 2015 11:30 0 Comments