- In a new report, Karl Claxton argues that Australia needs to remain focused on ensuring peace in the Pacific despite other security pressures.
- A recent report from ANZ supports Paul Flanagan's analysis of the extent to which falling LNG prices will affect PNG's budget.
- Rowan Callick explains what the Mining Act passed by the Autonomous Bougainville Government last week could mean for the Bougainville copper mine.
- The Pacific Network on Globalisation has criticised the PACER plus negotiations after the 'trade in services' chapter was leaked online.
- In an interview with Pacific Beat, Pacific Islands Forum Secretary-General Dame Meg Taylor said Pacific Island nations should start thinking of themselves as large ocean states rather than small island nations that are dependent on aid.
- Progress towards ratifying the Convention on the Elimination of Violence Against Women has sparked controversy in Tonga, with church and community leaders claiming the Convention does not align with Tongan values.
- Tensions between the Fijian, Samoan and New Zealand prime ministers over the issue of Australian and New Zealand involvement in the Pacific Islands Forum are playing out in the media.
Pacific Island links: PNG budget and falling LNG prices, Bougainville mining, PACER plus and more
Published 22 Apr 2015 12:07 0 Comments