Catch up on news, commentary & analysis from the Pacific island region.
- Proposed constitutional changes for Papua New Guinea are raising concerns that they are a means of entrenching the position of the government and reducing parliamentary oversight of the executive.
- A provocative photographic exhibition in Solomon Islands has highlighted Australia's use of 'blackbirding' and subsequent treatment of South Sea Islanders.
- Just out is the latest edition of Asia & the Pacific Policy Studies, with lots of Pacific content.
- There is growing pressure for the NZ All Blacks to play a rugby test in one of the Pacific island nations (Fiji, Samoa or Tonga) in recognition of the importance of the Pacific contribution to their success.
- In a forthright op-ed, Savea Sana Malifa says enough is enough when it comes to corruption in Samoa. (Link fixed.)
- Here on the Interpreter, Pip Brant provides an overview of recent progress in improving women's political representation in our region.
- They are Julie Bishop's favourite rugby league side and have made a big impact on the Queensland Cup competition this season. They are the PNG SP Hunters and on Saturday they staged a huge comeback to win against the Redcliffe Dolphins: