Each Thursday we bring you a selection of what our Pacific island experts have been reading from and about the region.
- In Fiji, the police have confirmed that Rear Admiral Bainimarama is under investigation for allegedly breaching electoral rules.
- Voters in Niue have returned the government of Toke Talagi after the last seat was decided by a straw poll.
- There are heightened tensions on the border between Papua New Guinea and West Papua.
- The IMF is concerned about levels of public debt in Samoa, but the prime minister maintains there is no cause for alarm.
- Vanuatu has launched its National Energy Road Map, a first in the region.
- A 'cyber crime' policy before cabinet in Papua New Guinea has raised concerns about freedom of expression.
- A new publication launched by the IMF captures economic data about Pacific countries: Asia & Pacific Small States Monitor.