- Hugh Govern argues for the rights and contributions of coastal communities in the Pacific in light of the upcoming UN Oceans’ Conference to be co-hosted by Sweden and Fiji.
- The full PACER Plus trade deal has been released, detailing the trade and economic integration agreement that aims to create jobs, raise standards of living and encourage sustainable economic development in the Pacific region.
- The 2017 Pacific Update conference program is now available, the core themes are: promoting the blue-green economy; creating accessible jobs; and enhancing connectivity.
- Pacific Islands nations are engaging with China’s One Belt One Road plan, with Fiji already signed up.
- The ANU's Dr Matthew Dornan says former Australian and Fijian diplomat Robin Nair, who is joining the Fijian opposition, the National Federation Party, is uniquely placed to provide insight into the Australia-Fiji relationship.
- Dan Waites has explored the relationship between the PNG elections and tribal fighting in the Highlands.
- One of the longest serving leaders in the Pacific, Samoan Prime Minister Tu'ilaepa Sa'ilele Malielegaoi, has published his memoirs.
- Sean Dorney has interviewed Sir Michael Somare, the former Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea.
Pacific links: Ocean economies, PACER Plus, Robin Nair and more
This week's links include the UN Oceans' Conference and detail on the PACER Plus trade deal.