- Why is female sexuality at the heart of some of our most significant global conflicts?
- Cross-strait liberalisation: In 2012, Chinese tourists to Taiwan numbered 2.58 million; five years earlier that number was zero. (Thanks Malcolm.)
- The Obama Administration has an appalling record when it comes to snooping on its own citizens.
- How Japan uses aid to influence the UN Security Council.
- While major political reforms take place in Myanmar, it continues to struggle with ethnic conflict in Kachin areas. Here's the latest from Crisis Group.
- Space has valuable resources, but is there a legal regime for working out how to claim ownership of them?
- The provocative speech by a PLA General in Melbourne we reported on last November was, according to this Reuters piece...
...no isolated outburst. His message was typical of the increasingly hawkish rhetoric coming from senior officers in the People's Liberation Army.