- Myanmar has come a long way in a short time, but the tough reforms are yet to come.
- Dilbert creator Scott Adams' optimistic take on climate change, nuclear weapons, crime, debt, and peak oil: 'whenever humanity can see a slow-moving disaster coming, we find a way to avoid it.'
- The hollowing out of the American foreign service.
- Panel crasher: the blog of an unemployed policy wonk looking for free food at Washington think tank events.
- The European parliament's failure to reinforce its own carbon emissions trading scheme marks the death of European climate policy.
- 'The idea Thatcher was a Conservative is absurd. She was a radical who sought to remake UK society and especially the economy...'
- New Zealand's parliament passes its same-sex marriage bill, and breaks into a traditional Maori love song: