Marty Harris is an assistant digital editor at the Lowy Institute.
- Carrying weapons is the new norm for Iraqi youths.
- In China, the parents of LGBT children send an open letter to the first lady, Peng Liyuan.
- If 62% of Mumbai's population live in slums, should India be industrialising its villages to slow urbanisation?
- Yanto Soegiarto, managing editor of Globe Asia, writes for the Jakarta Globe: naturally, SBY is angry.
- 'Never have I seen Israel and America’s core Arab allies working more in concert'. Thomas Friedman on Israeli and Arab opposition to a nuclear deal with Iran. And here's a layman's guide to the technical issues at the heart of the negotiations over the Iranian nuclear program.
- Shahbaz Sharif, chief minister of the Pakistani province of Punjab, wants to fight the Taliban with solar panels.
- Is Wikipedia dying?
- In 2009, developed countries pledged US$30 billion for the Fast Start Finance program (h/t: Wonk Blog) to help developing countries adapt to climate change. Here's how some of the money has been spent (click to enlarge):