Marty Harris is the Lowy Institute's Assistant Digital Editor.
- Amazing photos from Sunday's protests in Egypt, which many are describing as the largest demonstrations in country's history.
- And still on Egypt — Khaled Fahmy's seven deadly sins of the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Which tiny West African country is sitting on one of the world’s largest known deposits of untapped iron ore?
- Unrest in Xinjiang province, western China.
- Francis Fukuyama on the growth of the middle class in Turkey and Brazil, and its impact on recent protest movements.
- Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has taken over the country's defence portfolio, and is now supervising the military that deposed her brother Thaksin in 2006.
- And finally, Brookings' Bruce Riedel examines the current wave of sectarian violence in the Middle East, laying the blame on slain al-Qaeda in Iraq leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.