Our Pacific thinkers bring you a selection of news, commentary and analysis from their part of the world:
- Things are changing fast in PNG, as PM O'Neill seeks to avoid arrest on corruption charges. Follow @Liam_Cochrane for the latest updates.
- President Anote Tong of Kiribati has accused Tony Abbott of dodging the real issues in relation to climate change:
We're not talking about the growth in GDP, we're not talking about what it means in terms of the profits and losses of the large corporations. We are talking about our survival and that is simply what it has to be. There is no doubt in my mind that in the future, other countries will be talking about their survival.
- The Development Policy Centre has collected together the best posts from 2013/14 on Devpolicy that look at PNG and the Pacific.
- If you want to see real devotion to the World Cup, you need to come to Vanuatu. If Brazil win, we will probably have a week-long national holiday!!
- The countries that make up the Parties to the Nauru Agreement (PNA) have agreed to increase the fees charged for tuna fishing in their territorial waters.
- A recent Praxis discussion by the World Bank focused on labour mobility in the Pacific: