- An important Human Rights Watch report on Vietnam's persecution of the Montagnards.
- Myanmar's hidden martial art: lethwei.
- Don Pathan, a Yala-based analyst, reflects on the ongoing conflict in Thailand's deep south and why Bangkok lacks the will to make peace.
- Proposed constitutional changes in Myanmar were stamped out in the parliament by military MPs.
- In Cambodia an archaeological dig is underway to uncover the common people of ancient Angkor.
- How China won Thailand's submarine bid.
- In Myanmar, is the sun setting on Bagan's balloon rides?
- Odds have lengthened this month on any agreement for Myanmar's nationwide ceasefire. Nyein Nyein had a good explainer in The Irrawaddy.
- ISEAS's Asad Latif explains the benefits of the ASEAN Economic Community for foreign companies.
- Quansheng Zhao on the new balance of power and dual US-China leadership in East Asia.
- Marvin Ott provides an operational South China Sea strategy for the US.
- Four Corners ran an excellent and disturbing documentary on the trail for the traffickers in Myanmar and Thailand.
- Tony Abbott strengthened Australia's ties with Singapore, which is celebrating 50 years since independence. Abbott hosted a joint BBQ:
Southeast Asia links: Bagan's balloons, South China Sea, Thai subs, lethwei and more
Published 30 Jun 2015 Follow @elliotbrennan
You may also be interested in
This week's links also include world league tables for development commitment and rethinking women's household power.
A dramatic shift in the global automotive market sees electric vehicles, once viewed as toys, gaining momentum.
There are some ideas in politics that turn a lot of laps before they find favour. Few have done the distance that a super national security department has.