- The dark side of Qatar: 94% of the labour force is foreign, working under 'near-feudal' conditions.
- I have been remiss in not linking to China's new defence white paper, released last week.
- The world's top 100 airports, according to a passenger survey. Interesting that the first US airport is at no.30.
- Peak car still some way off, says The Economist. But shouldn't governments be planning now for big changes to urban transport?
- What the recently signed Australia-China aid cooperation deal could mean for the region. (Thanks Ashlee.)
- How social media damaged the Boston bombing investigation.
- Michael Fullilove:
The Iraq war made the US weaker, poorer, less respected and less feared. Given that we rely on US power for our own security, this is something that Australians ought to regret.