- Devex reporter Lisa Cornish looks at how the Australian election result will affect the aid sector.
- Alwyn Chilver compares two schools of thought to escape poverty: market systems and social protection. He explains how Palladium International succeeded in taking the best of both approaches.
- Amr Darrag, founder and chairman of the Egyptian Institute for Studies in Istanbul, argues that by failing to hold Egypt and Saudi Arabia to account over the deaths of Italian Giulio Regeni and journalist Jamal Khashoggi, the West is favouring the spread of the authoritarianism across the Arab world.
- Alexis Le Nestour and David Evans examine the impact that female teachers have on the education of young girls around the world.
- In this episode of VoxDev, Abhijit Banerjee explains how information on the qualifications and performance of politicians positively influenced the 2011 elections in Delhi, India.
- A great piece by Michael Rose, looking at the One Nation party’s argument against the aid program and underlining why it is important to explain the purpose of development assistance.
Aid links: the degrees of influence, female role models, more
A collection of stories and links from the aid and development sector.