Danielle Rajendram is a Research Associate in the Lowy Institute's International Security Program whose work focuses on India and China-India relations.
- A good primer on the recent changes to India's rape and sexual assault laws.
- The Economist asks whether India can become a great power, while noting in a different article that it is poised to become one of the four largest military powers in the world by the end of the decade.
- Should Indonesia replace India as the 'I' in BRICS?
- What will India's Supreme Court Judgment on patent protection mean for Indian investment, and for big pharma globally?
- What has made Delhi's metro system such a success, and what can Sydney learn?
- Niranjan Rajadhyaksha looks at the impact India's increasingly robust state economies will have upon Indian federalism.
- How not to deal with defence corruption.
- Shashi Tharoor, India's Minister of State for Human Resource Development, looks at changing Indian attitudes to capitalism after decades of socialism.
- Screenwriter and novelist Ruth Prawer Jhabvala passed away in New York this week, aged 85. Here are some scenes from the cinematic adaptation of her classic novel Heat and Dust, which won the Man Booker Prize in 1975.