- After a 26-year old was allegedly raped by an Uber driver in Delhi, the app has been banned in Delhi and Hyderabad. However, a number of commentators have argued that the ban doesn't do much to address the underlying causes of sexual violence in India .
- Why India needs to move forward on the Land Boundary Agreement with Bangladesh.
- Narendra Modi has won the reader poll for TIME's Person of the Year.
- The third phase of polling in Jammu and Kashmir was completed this week, with two more phases to go before counting on 23 December. What do the elections mean for Modi?
- Harsh Pant argues that Sino-Indian competition in South Asia is heating up, but Delhi might not be doing as well as it thinks.
- Devesh Kapur and Milan Vaishnav have released initial findings from a survey on what it means to be middle class in India. Stay tuned for more over the next couple of months.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin was in India this week for the India-Russia summit. Tanvi Madan gives us five reasons he will be welcomed.
- Although a couple of years old, this short video on copper harvesters in northern India is well worth watching. (Thanks Brendan.)