By Anna Kirk, an intern in the Lowy Institute's Melanesia program.
- Manasseh Sogavare has been elected Prime Minister of Solomon Islands. This will be the third time he holds the position.
- Violence broke out in Port Moresby over the weekend between the military and police. Karl Claxton argues that Australia should be paying close attention.
- Newly-elected Tongan MPs are expected to confirm nominations for the post of prime minister this week.
- Niue is diversifying its aid donors from New Zealand and China and will now also receive aid from PNG.
- Graeme Dobell makes the case for rethinking Australia's economic role in the Pacific.
- Violence in West Papua has Catriona Croft-Cusworth questioning whether Jokowi will stick to his promise for a fresh start in the province.
- World Rugby cut the feed of the Dubai rugby sevens to Fiji after learning the Government had issued a decree allowing all broadcasters to show the matches even though Fiji Television holds the exclusive rights.