- TIME magazine on the online enthusiasts changing the face of maritime security analysis.
- Five years after the Lehman collapse, an economist reflects: 'We've learned nothing'.
- Frank and not at all reassuring comments about Australia's new air warfare destroyer from the head of the company that is building them.
- As solar and wind power get cheaper, American companies are starting to produce their own power.
- Here are four charts illustrating the speed of clean energy adoption in the US.
- And yet, the proportion of clean energy in the US economy appears to have stagnated.
- How Game of Thrones makes the case for pacifism. (NB: May contain spoilers if you are behind in your GoT episodes.)
- China's unmatched influence in central Asia:
Russia can no longer effectively counter China’s economic ties with its Central Asian neighbors. And preoccupied with withdrawing from Afghanistan without destabilizing the region, the United States needs Beijing to help stimulate Central Asia’s economic development. All of this leads to China coming out on top in the region.