- There are reports that a group of North Korean defectors held by China on the Laos border have been released rather than being repatriated as usual.
- Activists in Taiwan and Hong Kong are joining forces, which is not what Beijing wants.
- Xi Jinping says China should build a 'new style' of media organisation, which will be 'strong, influential and credible'.
- Following the fall of former Central Military Commission member Xu Caihou, the PLA instructs its soldiers not to believe in or spread rumours, and to oppose 'political liberalism'.
- Four misconceptions about China's anti-corruption campaign.
- Chinese media lights up after a Hong Kong weekly says IS aims to expand into Xinjiang. Simone van Nieuwenhuizen adds that China's Xinjiang policies could undermine Beijing's attempts to be diplomatically proactive in the Middle East.
- Staying with The Interpreter, Vaughan Winterbottom writes that there are incentives for both Beijing and Russia to return security to a more prominent place on the Shanghai Cooperation Organization agenda.
- China's Hui Muslims are enjoying a faith revival.
- Some great interviews in this short film on the 'Chinese dream' from the perspective of three migrants: