Danielle Rajendram is a Research Associate in the Lowy Institute's International Security Program whose work focuses on India and China-India relations.
- The gang-rape protests in New Delhi continue to dominate the Indian media. My picks for some of the best reading on the larger problems women face in India, the potential to sustain the movement, the reaction in China, plus my own take on middle class activism in India.
- Has the Indian economy bottomed out or is it getting worse?
- Six reasons why the BRICS matter, by Samir Saran and Vivian Sharan from the Observer Research Foundation, the Lowy Institute's Indian partner in the Australia-India Roundtable.
- Ashley Tellis on the potential for growth in the US-India strategic partnership.
- How much will the ambitious Direct Benefit Transfer scheme help India address poverty?
- India is beginning to invest in dams and solar power to meet its energy needs.
- Sanjay Kumar argues that right wing parties in India 'are looking for an opportunity to revive the same divisive sentiment to polarize the voters along religious lines and reap electoral dividends in the 2014 elections'.