- As a PNG police operation at the Manus Island detention centre continues, the UNHCR Regional Representative in Canberra has urged the Australian government's to take ongoing responsibility for refugees and asylum seekers on the island.
- Linda Bartolomei and Eileen Pittaway explain why the international protection system is failing refugee women and girls.
- Last week, Italy held a funeral for 26 Nigerian women and girls who died while trying to cross the Mediterranean Sea.
- Writing for the Kaldor Centre, Elizabeth Ferris discusses barriers to the formation of the Global Compact on Refugees.
- The Center for Global Development's Kathleen Newland has published a policy paper outlining US initiatives that have drawn on the links between migration and development.
- The World Bank has released a report detailing the interaction between internal mobility and state borders in India.
- The Institute for Human Rights and Business has published a report on labour migrant recruitment fees and the implementation of the 'Employer Pays Principle' within six multinational companies.
- A recent survey has revealed the systemic exploitation of backpackers, foreign students and temporary migrants by Australian employers.
- Writing for Border Criminologies, Ana Aliverti discusses the merits the nationality provisions in the UK Policing and Crime Act 2017.
Migration and border policy links: Manus, labour migration and more
Rachael Buckland, a Research Associate with the Migration and Border Policy Project, with links on developments across the field.
Foreign Policy White Paper: Australia faces an uncertain world
You may also be interested in
Identity politics has turned inflammatory as Malaysia’s former ruling party tries to claw back support.