- The world emits more carbon per unit of energy than it did a decade ago because of the growth in coal.
- A junior minister in the UK Government visits Melanesia. (Thanks Danielle.)
- A Rhodes-style scholarship scheme for China has been launched (we'll have more on this story soon).
- South Korea is doing its share of sabre-rattling.
- The argument of my 'America getting it right' post of last Friday somewhat undermined by the fact that the entire city of Boston was locked down to find one terrorist.
- A major US arms deal with Israel, the UAE and Saudi Arabia.
- Thomas Friedman on the right reaction to terrorism (thanks Jacob):
...wash the sidewalk, wipe away the blood, and let whoever did it know that while they have sickeningly maimed and killed some of our brothers and sisters, they have left no trace on our society or way of life.