- The US Air Force lays out its Pacific pivot plans.
- The indefatigable Liam Fox goes to Manus Island to see what the locals think about the PNG Solution.
- Former federal Liberal MP Ross Cameron: 'European currency union was a dumb decision, fuelled by the misty-eyed vanity of the Left.' (Thanks Michael.)
- The political effects of overconfidence bias.
- Arms Control Wonk brings a sharp eye and dry wit to footage of the latest North Korean military parade.
- The pipeline that pumps natural gas from Burma's Indian Ocean fields all the way to southern China is now open. An oil pipeline will follow.
- Peter Buffett inveighs against the mega-rich philanthropy pioneered by his father Warren.
- In Britain, the age of the mass political party is over. 'This means accepting that politics is now the preserve of a professional political class, but surrounding it with a dense network of scrutiny, transparency and accountability from a whole variety of groups and organisations.'
- 'A nation that forgets its history has no future': ROK football supporters unfurled political banners during a match against Japan's Red Devils. The Japanese FA wants answers.
Tuesday links: ROK-Japan, Manus, North Korean missiles, euro and more
Published 30 Jul 2013 Follow @SamRoggeveen
You may also be interested in
Australia needs to walk the walk on emissions, migration targets and resettlements to make itself a good neighbour.
The impending bifurcation of the world internet economy will disrupt many industries, companies and national economies.
A collective amnesia appears to have taken hold about the wisdom of standing up yet another militia.