- The Development Policy Blog dissect AusAIDs revised budget figures. (Thanks Danielle.)
- Was Darth Vader the General Haig of the Star War Universe?: a military assessment of the disastrous Battle of Hoth. Follow-up debate here.
- Part 1 of ABC journalist Sally Sara's Mama Asia series, featuring twelve inspirational Asian women.
- Dear Iran: you suck at Photoshop. (Thanks Ed.)
- Tyler Cowen on the proposed EU-US free trade deal: 'We cannot deregulate our own country, and yet we think we can deregulate a hydra-headed, 27-nation negotiating sclerotic behemoth?'
- Speculation that Obama would make a major announcement about nuclear weapons in his State of the Union speech came to nothing.
- Wonderful Socratic dialogue about just war and collective punishment.
Thursday links: AusAID, Star Wars, Mama Asia, EU-US free trade and more
Published 14 Feb 2013 Follow @SamRoggeveen
You may also be interested in
By 2030 ASEAN is projected to be the world’s fourth-largest economic bloc.
The government has a chance to define the criteria used in the hard choices about how to allocate scarce aid dollars.
The aid implications of Trump's budget, in defence of British aid spending, Indonesia moving away from being an aid recipient, and more.