- Vox has an explainer from Paul Slovic discussing how 'psychic numbing' helps to explain the limits of human compassion.
- World Bank President Jim Yong Kim shares five TED Talks that have inspired him.
- Keane Shum discusses the ongoing plight of Rohingya asylum seekers.
- Wade Shepard details two failed Chinese international development infrastructure projects.
- Duncan Green provides some career advice for the confused and aspirant development worker.
- The Modernizing Foreign Assistance Network has released a discussion draft of how to reform the global foreign aid architecture. A summary is available here.
- Michael Pisa and Matt Juden discuss how Blockchain Technology can be harnessed for development, and what impediments remain in the way.
- IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde sat down with Masood Ahmed at the Centre for Global Development to discuss the most pressing global economic challenges. Video here:
Aid & development links: Rohinyga asylum seekers, blockchain tech potential and more
This weeks links include the psychology of psychic numbing, the ongoing plight of Rohingya asylum seekers, and Chinese development infrastructure projects.
Climate change will place new pressures on LHD vessels
Why Moriarty is a good choice for Defence Secretary