Danielle Rajendram is a Research Associate in the Lowy Institute's International Security Program.
- For readers on the west coast: only a few days left to register for a Lowy Institute lecture by eminent Indian strategic analyst Dr C Raja Mohan in Perth on Monday 24 June.
- How should India approach the upcoming US-India Strategic Dialogue?
- Nitin Gokhale looks at civil-military relations in India.
- How bad debts in India's state-run banks are stalling the economic recovery process.
- Can Indian voters easily identify the ethnic and caste identity of their political candidates?
- TP Sreenivasan on the emerging strategic triangle between India, China and Japan.
- Why has the Indian rupee been so weak?
- Foreign Policy looks into Ramachadra Guha's arguments in favour of federalism.
- Nobel laureate Amartya Sen on why India trails behind China:
India's underperformance can be traced to a failure to learn from the examples of so-called Asian economic development, in which rapid expansion of human capability is both a goal in itself and an integral element in achieving rapid growth.