Catch up on news, commentary and analysis from and about the Pacific island region.
- Jas Kaur reflects on the results of the Fiji elections and what lies ahead for the country and its people whose leader now has a democratic mandate.
- Transparency Solomon Islands has released its research into how often MPs in the last parliament contributed to legislative debate.
- After an unprecedented seven rounds of voting, Vanuatu has a new head of state: Fr Baldwin Lonsdale.
- Also in Vanuatu, new research on the economic impact of cruise ship tourism is now available from the IFC.
- Australia, where the bloody hell are you? More criticism of Australia's position on climate change, this time from Tony de Brum of Marshall Islands.
- And on Devpolicy, Stephen Howes is still waiting for the Australian Government to make good on pre-election promises regarding the Seasonal Workers' Program.
- In the Spring edition of Advance, I discuss the importance of knowledge sharing for policy making in the Pacific.
- Christopher Loeak, president of the Republic of Marshall Islands, prepared this video message ahead of the UN Secretary-General's climate summit held this week in New York: